Tuesday, June 18, 2013

3 year anniversary!

This month marks my three year anniversary of studying at the Hein Academy of Art! I dug up an old self-portrait from college and it's kind of amazing for me to see how much I've improved. My progress has been so gradual that I didn't realize how much I've learned until I see the difference side by side. 


AFTER
BEFORE



















Below is a progression of  self-portraits I've drawn or painted, starting with my most recent, and working back 18 years! All of these were done from life, looking in a mirror.


January 2013 (after 2.5 years at the Hein Academy)


April 2012 (after 2 years at the Hein Academy)


2004 (during college)
1998 (senior in high school)

1996 (sophomore in high school)

3 comments:

  1. You have an amazing talent! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one from your senior year in high school, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post - so interesting to see the changes over time

    ReplyDelete