Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Good News!

A few weeks ago I applied for an art scholarship through Deseret Book. The scholarship is for art students who plan to paint religious art in the future. I was honored to be chosen as one of the recipients of a $3,000 scholarship to use towards my art education! Hooray!

To apply for the scholarship we submitted 5 photos of our work (see below), along with an essay. The first painting is a piece I did eight years ago and is a much different style from the work I'm currently producing, but it was part of a series I painted about the Creation and it gave me the desire to paint spiritual art. The other four show the techniques I've been cultivating the last few years while studying at the Hein Academy. I hope to be able to find a way to combine the expression of my Creation paintings with the more academic skills I'm currently developing.

You can read the announcement on the LDS Living Blog.











2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is awesome - I always loved your creation series - and your tree sculpture (that was my fav)

    ReplyDelete